1943 Navy finish Greek Corona Standard

Mint is an understatement 

I acquired this machine from the hands of another collector January of this year.  It didn't look like much at first glance, it was musty and full of copious amounts of lint and dirt, but the Greek Keyboard interested me.  

It didn't actually take much to clean, I knocked it out in a few hours.  The interesting thing that I noticed right away was that the majority of the exposed metal parts that were usually bare steel, were all blued.  I found out later that this was a common naval finish, and the blueing was designed to protect the machine against salt corrosion from the ocean air.  Fascinating.

I have listed this one for sale, it comes with a new ribbon and its case, and the paint on this thing is IMMACULATE, save for a single scrape on the lid from the carriage return arm.  It cleaned up a lot better than I ever thought it would.  Run of the mill corona, so nothing terribly fancy, just thought I would share the end result and show what a wonderfully unique example of a common machine this is.







Even the cast lower segment is black!!

Stealthy black carriage frame and rails





And here is the BEFORE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the Cyberdeck

The “Charming?” Yet awful Typecast Typewriter (updated)

A Comprehensive History of the Royal Model P