Black and White


This afternoon, I realized that it had been a very long time since I last posted.  Sometimes things get busy, and other things get forgotten.  I don’t like it when that happens.

I took the above photo at the Milwaukee art museum a couple weeks ago.  I shot it on my Nikon F3, with a fresh roll of Ilford HP5.  The geese just happened to fly by as we drove past, taking flight in front of a building designed to look like a bird in flight.  Just happened to snap it...just happened to.  125 of a second, stuck out to me.  Just fast enough to freeze them.
It always amazed me how many photos are down to nothing more than happenstance.



And of course, a lovely photo of a typewriter just to fit the blog.  Took this one with Kodak Tri-X.  Somewhat less grainy, somewhat sharper at times...could never make up my mind between the two.  Go find out for yourself on that one!


And lastly, this beautiful macro shot of a snowflake, taken digitally actually.  Freezing cold when I took it, handheld.  I’ll pat myself on the back.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the Cyberdeck

The “Charming?” Yet awful Typecast Typewriter (updated)

A Comprehensive History of the Royal Model P